I am starting this post with a bona fide hashtag humble brag, #hubblebrag as it were. I have early access to Bard AI from Google! I got right to trying it out by asking it questions about community. I then asked it about recipes and had it generate some MATLAB code.
What is Bard AI?
Bard AI is an experimental conversational AI service powered by Google’s LaMDA language model. It can generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. Bard is still under development, but it has learned to perform many kinds of tasks.
Bard is currently in beta and is available to a limited number of users. If you are interested in trying Bard, you can sign up for the waitlist on the Bard website.
My First Bard AI Question: what is an online community?
An online community is a group of people who interact with each other online. They share common interests and can provide support, advice, and information to each other. Online communities can be found on social media platforms, websites, and online forums.
There are many benefits to being part of an online community. These include:
- Connection: Online communities can help you connect with people who share your interests. This can be especially helpful if you live in an area where there are not many people who share your interests.
- Support: Online communities can provide support and advice to people who are going through tough times. This can be especially helpful if you do not have a lot of people in your offline life who you can talk to.
- Information: Online communities can be a great source of information. You can find information about anything you are interested in, from cooking to gardening to travel.
- Entertainment: Online communities can be a great source of entertainment. You can find funny videos, interesting articles, and even games to play.
If you are looking for a way to connect with people who share your interests, or if you need support or information, an online community can be a great option. There are many different online communities available, so you can find one that is right for you.
How does a company go from development-led to community-led?
A company can go from development-led to community-led by shifting its focus from developing products to building communities. This means creating a space where customers can come together to share their experiences, provide feedback, and learn from each other.
There are a few key things companies need to do to make this shift:
- Create a community platform. This could be a website, forum, or social media group. The important thing is to create a space where customers can come together and interact with each other.
- Encourage participation. This can be done by providing incentives, such as rewards or badges, for participating in the community. You can also encourage participation by making it easy for customers to find and join the community.
- Provide resources. The community platform should provide resources for customers, such as tutorials, FAQs, and support forums. This will help customers get the most out of your product and make them feel like they are part of a larger community.
- Listen to feedback. The community platform should be a place where customers can give feedback on your product. This feedback can be used to improve the product and make it more user-friendly.
By taking these steps, companies can create a community-led growth strategy that will help them acquire new customers, retain existing customers, and improve their products.
Here are some additional tips for companies that are looking to go from development-led to community-led:
- Be transparent. Customers want to know what you are working on and why. Share updates about your product development process and be open to feedback.
- Be responsive. Customers want to feel like they are being heard. Respond to comments and questions in a timely manner.
- Be supportive. Customers want to feel like they are part of a community. Offer support to your customers and help them get the most out of your product.
- Be patient. Building a community takes time and effort. Don’t expect to see results overnight. Be patient and keep working to build a strong community.
First Impressions of Bard AI
After my first chats about community with Bard, I tried a recipe prompt and some coding prompts. I am happy with the results about community and cooking, but the coding output was not great. I imagine this is going to get better over time, but GPT-4 has set my expectations high for code generation. I also like that the output of Bard AI is formatted well. You can copy and paste the output and it integrates well into what you pasted it into. ChatGPT output is a mess by comparison. Google also added a Google It button to the output. I like that it’s one click away from a Google search.
Share your experiences with chatbots on our Discord sever.